Last night did not end up with my ascension to notoriety as “geeky Star Wars arbiter.” Due to some miscommunication, the trivia contest was not in the “8-10pm” window as I had been led to believe, but actually happened during the day, around 2pm. Which, you know, was when I was working at my job, so that was a pretty good reason to miss out, I think.
No matter; I was told that the trivia questions were well received and the highest score was 21 out of 30. I feel pretty good about that! The tricky part about doing a trivia contest is you really want to find the right balance. If every single question is a brain-buster, you’ll discourage even the most hardcore fan. If every question is a softball, though, things will be boring.
Since the contest is over now, I decided to post the questions here. Feel free to give them a try and let me know how you scored. I’ll include the answers in a comment attached to this post, so I suppose you could cheat if you really wanted to, but what would be the point? I’d know, and you’d know, and more importantly, Yoda would know.
Anyway, here are the questions:
Jedi Padawan: (Basic Questions)
- Who trained Obi-Wan Kenobi?
- What are midichlorians?
- What is Queen Amidala’s first name?
- Which Sith took the name Darth Tyranus?
- What is the first thing Admiral Ackbar want to do as soon as the battle starts in Return of the Jedi?
- Why is it logically impossible that Han Solo claimed his ship made the Kessel Run in “under twelve parsecs?”
- Which planet is covered entirely by a single, sprawling city?
- What is a Wilhelm Scream?
- Which of the six films has the lowest on-screen body count?
- Who really shot first? If you get this question wrong, you have to leave.
Jedi Knight: (Intermediate Questions)
- Who was Anakin’s main rival during the Podrace?
- True or False: the word “Ewok” is never mentioned in Return of the Jedi.
- In the Expanded Universe, who is the first prominent Original Trilogy character to be killed off?
- What is the Millenium Falcon’s original model designation?
- What was the name of the Star Destroyer that captured Princess Leia in the opening scene of Episode IV?
- Who is the only human character to directly fight in and survive both Death Star space battles?
- In the first draft of the script, this Original Trilogy character was described as “a huge green-skinned monster with no nose and gills.”
- How was the effect for Darth Vader’s distinctive breathing made?
- Of the six films, which was the only movie to be nominated for a Best Picture academy award?
- What was Boba Fett’s first appearance as a character?
Jedi Master: (Advanced)
- What mundane item was used to create the prop for Luke’s lightsaber hilt in Episode IV?
- Who was Malakili?
- On which planet does Jedi General Aayla Secura meet her demise?
- What is Blue Harvest?
- What does TIE stand for in the term TIE Fighter?
- What product does Cloud City harvest from the planet Bespin in The Empire Strikes Back?
- Before being retconned by the Prequel Trilogy, according to the Expanded Universe, what was Boba Fett’s real name?
- Due to the uncomfortable fit of his boots, this otherwise imposing character wore a pair of fuzzy slippers in every scene that did not show his feet.
- What was the title of the first Star Wars novel ever published?
- What is the name of the written alphabet in the Star Wars universe?
So how did you do? Post your score in the comments below!